I bought a roll of Ilford Pan100 a while back but waited some time before loading it. I wanted to save it for the right time. A nice slow black and white roll deserves something special. So I waited till the bright sunny days of summer. I got out my Canon A-1 with a handy 50mm 1:1.4 lens and loaded it up. I had a plan, ideas, and a focus. Completed the roll, drew the shades, closed the bathroom door and went to work. After developing it took over two months to finally get the negs scanned, and when I got them back, I was disappointed. Continue reading
This is my first batch of 120 that I’ve developed at home. I ran some HP5+ through my Yashica-D and shot at box speed. The only developer I have at home right now is Ilfosol 3. The Massive Dev Chart gave me a time of 6:30 with a 1+9 solution. Overall I’m impressed with the results. The contrast isn’t as strong as I was expecting, but more what I wanted. The grain was great. Just the right amount to add some texture but not so much to detract from the subject. I just developed some expired HP5+ 35mm film and am waiting for the scans to get back. I’ll be sure to post that soon to compare the results.